This week has been a bit of a roller-coaster for me: from unexpected issues coming up requiring urgent solutions in my business, to last minute schedule changes to complete emotional vulnerability that I was unable to control. Without noticing, I allowed my energy to shift from lightness to heaviness, from enjoyment and inspiration to burden and overwhelm. By the second half of the week, I reached a point where I could no longer continue to try and resolve the issues that kept coming up because it seemed that the more issues I resolved, the more kept coming back.
I decided to try out a new solution that so far has worked like magic. It’s called surrender. I let go of all control, accepted where I am and surrendered completely. Instead of thinking about my problems and how to resolve them, I decided to focus on what I love about my life right now and what I am grateful for. One thing I realised is that it really does not matter if we are living the life of our dreams on the outside, if we are not able to love and enjoy it on the inside. The quickest way to shift this internal state to allow ourselves to enjoy our life is gratitude.
So here is my gratitude list:
- It’s summer – my favourite season – and the weather has been glorious (which is not a given in England)!
- I love waking up and seeing sunlight in my flat. I love how easy and effortless waking up in summer is.
- I so appreciate that I can sit on my balcony every morning while I have breakfast or journal to the sound of singing birds and soothed by calming fragrance of my lavender plant.
- I love flowers. I love the variety we are spoilt with in summer and I love that they are everywhere and they smell so delicious.
- I love summer style. It appears that there is a real awakening of visibility and femininity in summer as women put on gorgeous outfits.
- I adore summer wear and how easy and quick getting ready in the morning is. And I love that bright colours look very appropriate right now.
- I love sitting in cafes outside and do my work or simply watch the world go by.
- I am so grateful that I have the freedom to work from wherever I want and be in charge of my schedule.
- I appreciate meeting so many inspiring women recently. It is one of the best things my self-employment gives me.
- I feel deep gratitude for all the love and support I am receiving from my loved ones, my family and friends. They add magic to my life.
What are you loving about your life right now? It can be anything big or small. I would love to hear from you in the comments area below.
Oh and I forgot to mention, the so-called problems have now resolved themselves…